The official website of the anime adaptation of Saburouta’s Citrus manga has revealed that the upcoming yuri series will premiere on January 6. The site has also revealed the first set of character designs and the main theme songs of the January 2018 anime.
The Citrus anime will have its debut on AT-X on Saturday. January 6th, at 11:30pm JST. The anime will then premiere on Tokyo MX on the 7th at 11:30pm JST, followed by a broadcast on Sun TV on the 8th at 1:00am JST. Rebroadcasts of the anime will air on BS Fuji on Wednesdays at 12:30am JST from the 9th.
The first set of character designs have been revealed for the main cast, which includes:
- Ayana Taketatsu (Kirino Kousaka from Oreimo) will voice Yuzu Aihara
- Minami Tsuda (Yui Funami in YuruYuri) as Mei Aihara
- Yukiyo Fujii (Latifah Fleuranza in Amagi Brilliant Park) voicing the role of Harumi Taniguchi
- Yurika Kubo (Hanayo Koizumi from Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Himeko Momokino
- Shiori Izawa (Tanpopo Kuraishi in Witch Craft Works) voicing as Matsuri Mizusawa
- Ikumi Hayama (Sayaka Kirasaka in Strike the Blood) as Kayo Maruta
The supporting cast includes:
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ika Musume from Shinryaku! Ika Musume) joining to voice Sara Tachibana
- Rei Matsuzaki (Ayame Reikadou from NouCome) as Nina Tachibana
- Tomoaki Maeno (Naotsugu from Log Horizon) voicing Shou Aihara
- Kana Ueda (Yumi Fukuzawa from Maria-sama ga Miteru) who will voice Ume Aihara
The main theme songs of Citrus have been revealed. The Opening theme song will be Azalea performed by nano.RIPE and the Ending theme song will be Mia REGINA’s Dear Teardrop.
The leading members of the anime’s production staff include:
- Director: Takeo Takahashi (Spice and Wolf, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha)
- Series Composer: Naoki Hayashi (Flip Flappers)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Izuro Ijuuin (Working!!!, Barakamon)
- Animation Studio: Passione (Rokka no Yuusha, Rail Wars!)
The first promotional video for the anime was released, introducing to us the main characters, voice cast and a little saucy something towards the end.
A pre-screening event for the Citrus has been announced for December 3rd. The event will be held at United Cinemas Aqua City Odaiba from 6:30pm JST. The event will show the first two episodes of the anime and will be followed by a talk show. The main cast of the anime will be in attendance and will host the show. Tickets will be available for order from November 18th, and a lottery will also be held from November 14th.
Japanese manga publisher Ichijinsha first opened up about the anime project in September 2015. The company mentioned on Twitter that they were currently looking into partnering up with a company that would help them produce an anime based on the manga.
Citrus is a yuri romance manga written and illustrated by Saburouta. The series began in November 2012 being published in Ichijinsha’s Comic Yuri Hime magazine. To date a total of 5 volumes have been compiled and published. A drama CD of the series was released with the latest volume, which released in Japan on July 18 this year.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
Fashionable Yuzu imagined the first day at her new school she transferred to after her mother’s remarriage a bit differently; she didn’t know it’d be an ultra-strict and conservative girls’ school. So instead of a sweet high-school romance, she butts heads with the stern student council president Mei—who turns out to be her new step sister. And she has to learn that hate and attraction are often not that far apart.
The TV anime adaptation of the yuri manga Citrus is in production and will air on AT-X every Saturday at 11:30pm JST from January 6, throughout the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://citrus-anime.com/
And follow the anime on Twitter: @citrus_anime
Theo Tin Tuc Anime