The second cour is the anime’s second half, beginning at episode 14, that aired on July 5th. The anime itself will run for a total of 25 episodes. There will be new Opening and Ending theme songs, with (K)NoW_NAME returning to performing the new OP Lupinusby and the ED Baby’s Breath.
Episodes of Sakura Quest premiere every Wednesday on Tokyo MX and ATX at Midnight (effectively Thursday), on ABC Asahi on Thursdays at 2:44am JST and on BS11 at Thursday midnight (effectively Fridays).
Here is the promotional video for the 2nd cour, that previews the OP:
The first Blu-ray and DVD volume will release on July 19th, with the Blu-ray retailing for ¥7,300 (~ US$66.90) without tax and the DVD retailing for ¥6,300 (~ US$57.75) without tax. First print editions of the volumes will contain:
- Episodes 1, 2 and 3
- A special box drawn by BUNBUN (above)
- An episode of the web radio
- Special footage with the main cast
- Audio commentary
The release date of the other volumes are:
- Volume 2: Episodes 4, 5, 6, 7 – August 9th
- Volume 3: Episodes 8, 9, 10, 11 – September 13th
- Volume 4: Episodes 12, 13, 14 – October 18th
- Volume 5: Episodes 15, 16, 17, 18 – November 15th
- Volume 6: Episodes 19, 20, 21, 22 – December 13th
- Volume 7: Episodes 23, 24, 25 – January 17th, 2017
The main cast are as follows:
- Ayaka Nanase (Osamu in Boku dake ga Inai Machi) will lead as Yoshino Koharu
- Reina Ueda (Naru Sekiya in Hanayamata) voicing as Shiori Shinomiya
- Chika Anzai (Reina Kousaka from Hibike! Euphonium) as Maki Midorikawa
- Chiemi Tanaka (Sasame Tsuji in Sansha Sanyou) will voice Ririko Oribe
- Mikako Komatsu (Neko in K) voices Sanae Kouzuki
The currently revealed production staff includes:
- Director: Soichi Masui (Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV, Hitsugi no Chaika)
- Series Composer: Masahiro Yokotani (Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, Free!)
- Original Character Designer: BUNBUN (Shuumatsu no Izetta, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
- Anime Character Designer: Kanami Sekiguchi (Shirobako, Charlotte)
- P.A. Works (Shirobako, Angel Beats!)
Sakura Quest is set in a small Japanese town following 5 girls who have just been hired to work at the local tourism bureau. The town hopes that the bureau will be able to revive the town’s popularity and to put it back on the map. The anime itself is the third instalment in the P.A. Works’ series about people working at their jobs, following the 2011 anime Hanasaku Iroha and the 2014 anime Shirobako.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
In the wake of a nationwide movement during the Bubble economy period, a small town in the countryside has revived its “mini-nation” tourism program; hiring five girls as travel ambassadors. The series will follow a year’s time of the five girls as they work in the tourism agency of a small failing town in an effort to reinvigorate it.
The Sakura Quest anime, an original series about a failing tourism bureau in a small town, airs on Tokyo MX every Wednesday at midnight (effectively Thursday). The anime will run for a total of 25 episodes over 2 cours.