At the recent Fantasia Bunko Daikanshasai event in Akihabara, Tokyo, it was announced that Sekina Aoi and Saboten’s Gamers! light novel series is getting a 12 episode TV anime adaptation. The anime’s official website launched revealing a July 2017 broadcast. The site also revealed the first visuals, cast, character designs and production staff.
Here is the anime’s alternative visual:
The Gamers! TV anime will be airing this July throughout the Summer 2017 anime season. The series will broadcast on Tokyo MX, Sun TV, BS11, and AT-X. The anime will run for a total of 12 episodes.
The main cast of the anime was revealed alongside their character designs:
- Megumi Han (Atsuko Kagari in Little Witch Academia) will star as Keita Amano
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury in Sailor Moon Crystal) will voice Karen Tendo
- Manaka Iwami (Aira Miyamoto in Tsuki ga Kirei) voices Chiaki Hoshinomori
- Rumi Ookubo (Tsumiki Miniwa in Acchi Kocchi) as Aguri
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado Ryuugamine from Durarara!!) is voicing Tasuku Uehara
The production staff of the Gamers! anime includes:
- Director: Manabu Okamoto (Akame ga KILL! and Re:ZERO Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Hiroki Uchida (Schwarzesmarken Scenario Writer)
- Anime Character Designer: Tensho Sato (Grisaia no Rakuen and Steins;Gate Animation Director)
- Animation Studio: Pine Jam (Getsuyoubi no Tawawa, Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara.)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be performed by anime’s main female cast. The Ending theme will be sung by the Japanese pop unit Luce Twinkle Wink☆.
Gamers! is a romantic, school comedy light novel series written by Sekina Aoi and illustrated by Saboten. The series began in 2014 and is being published under Kadokawa’s Fantasia Bunko imprint. To date a total of 7 compiled volumes have been published, with over 400,000 copies in print. The series also inspired a manga adaptation by Tsubasa Takahashi that is running alongside the light novels since October 2016 in Kadokawa’s Monthly Shonen Ace.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
This is a story that revolves around certain students and one hobby. Amano Keita is our lonely protagonist who has a passion for gaming and is friends with Uehara Tasuku, who is secretly a fellow gamer and is someone who believes his life is perfect. We also have Karen Tendou, the club president of the video games club and Chiaki Hoshinomori, who constantly bickers with Keita. This is a story filled with a non-stop sequence of comedy scenes and misunderstandings. Our chaotic romantic comedy now begins!
The Gamers! TV anime adaptation is in production and will begin broadcast this July on Tokyo MX during the Summer 2017 anime season. Further details about the series will be revealed at a later date.