The official website for the anime adaptation of Saburouta’s Citrus manga has revealed new cast members for the upcoming yuri series. The site has also announced a pre-screening event for the first episode ahead of the series’ January 2018 debut.
A total of four new cast members have been revealed that consists of:
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ika Musume from Shinryaku! Ika Musume) joining to voice Sara Tachibana
- Rei Matsuzaki (Ayame Reikadou from NouCome) as Nina Tachibana
- Tomoaki Maeno (Naotsugu from Log Horizon) voicing Shou Aihara
- Kana Ueda (Yumi Fukuzawa from Maria-sama ga Miteru) who will voice Ume Aihara
They will join the previously revealed main cast:
- Ayana Taketatsu (Kirino Kousaka from Oreimo) will voice Yuzu Aihara
- Minami Tsuda (Yui Funami in YuruYuri) as Mei Aihara
- Yukiyo Fujii (Latifah Fleuranza in Amagi Brilliant Park) voicing the role of Harumi Taniguchi
- Yurika Kubo (Hanayo Koizumi from Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Himeko Momokino
- Shiori Izawa (Tanpopo Kuraishi in Witch Craft Works) voicing as Matsuri Mizusawa
A pre-screening event for the Citrus has been announced for December 3rd. The event will be held at United Cinemas Aqua City Odaiba from 6:30pm JST. The event will show the first two episodes of the anime and will be followed by a talk show. The main cast of the anime will be in attendance and will host the show. Tickets will be available for order from November 18th, and a lottery will also be held from November 14th.
The leading members of the anime’s production staff include:
- Director: Takeo Takahashi (Spice and Wolf, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha)
- Series Composer: Naoki Hayashi (Flip Flappers)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Izuro Ijuuin (Working!!!, Barakamon)
- Animation Studio: Passione (Rokka no Yuusha, Rail Wars!)
The first promotional video for the anime was released, introducing to us the main characters, voice cast and a little saucy something towards the end.
Japanese manga publisher Ichijinsha first opened up about the anime project in September 2015. The company mentioned on Twitter that they were currently looking into partnering up with a company that would help them produce an anime based on the manga.
Citrus is a yuri romance manga written and illustrated by Saburouta. The series began in November 2012 being published in Ichijinsha’s Comic Yuri Hime magazine. To date a total of 5 volumes have been compiled and published. A drama CD of the series was released with the latest volume, which released in Japan on July 18 this year.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
Fashionable Yuzu imagined the first day at her new school she transferred to after her mother’s remarriage a bit differently; she didn’t know it’d be an ultra-strict and conservative girls’ school. So instead of a sweet high-school romance, she butts heads with the stern student council president Mei—who turns out to be her new step sister. And she has to learn that hate and attraction are often not that far apart.
The TV anime adaptation of the yuri manga Citrus is in production for a January 2018 broadcast, during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://citrus-anime.com/
And follow the anime on Twitter: @citrus_anime
Theo Anime News