With the advent for the premiere of Kyoto Animation’s next series, the anime adaptation of Kana Akatsuki and Akiko Takase’s Violet Evergarden light novel series, the Netflix of various international regions are listing the anime to be simulcasted from January 11th, alongside the anime’s official broadcast.
Many Netflix regions outside of Japan have been updated to show that the series will be simulcast alongside the Japanese stream. As of the time of this post, only Netflix India, Netflix Canada and Netflix UK are listing the series. Details about the other regions have yet to be revealed.
It was earlier announced that the anime will be be streamed online via Netflix. Netflix Japan will debut the series alongside the official TV broadcast from January 11th. For international Netflix fans, Violet Evergarden was set to release in the Spring 2018 anime season.
The Violet Evergarden TV anime will start broadcasting from the midnight of Wednesday, January 10th (effectively January 11th) on Tokyo MX. The series will then air on Aichi TV at 2:05am JST, followed by ABC Asahi at 2:15am JST. The series will also air on BS11 on the midnight of January 11 (effectively January 12) and on HTB Hokkaido on the 14th at 2:30am JST.
The main cast of the upcoming anime includes:
- Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa Ackerman in Attack on Titan) will voice Violet Evergarden
- Takehito Koyasu (Roswell L Mathers from Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) joins the cast to voice Claudia Hodgins
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) as Gilbert Bougainvillea
- Aya Endou (Miyuki Takara from Lucky☆Star) voicing as Cattleya Baudelaire
- Kouki Uchiyama (Seiya Kanie from Amagi Brilliant Park) who will voice Benedict Blue
- Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) joins the cast to voice Erica Braun
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna from Sword Art Online) voicing as Iris Canary
The production staff of the anime will include:
- Director: Taichi Ishidate (Kyoukai no Kanata, Kyoukai no Kanata I’ll Be Here)
- Series Composer: Reiko Yoshida (K-ON!, Koe no Katachi)
- Anime Character Designer: Akiko Takase (Amagi Brilliant Park and Free! Eternal Summer Key Animator)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Clannad, Koe no Katachi)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hibike! Euphonium, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be performed by Japanese pop singer TRUE (Hibike! Euphonium OP, Buddy Complex OP). The Ending theme song will be Minori Chihara’s Michishirube.
Here is the first promotional video of the anime:
Promotional video 2:
And here is PV 3:
And here is PV 4:
Violet Evergarden is a Japanese light novel written by Kana Akatsuki and illustrated by Akiko Takase. The novel was entered into the 2014 Kyoto Animation Awards where it became the first winner of the grand prize in the novel category (the first winner of any novel, scenario and manga categories). The novel was published on December 25, 2015 by Kyoto Animation under their KA Esuma Bunko imprint.
The Anime Expo site describes Violet Evergarden as:
There are words Violet heard on the battlefield, which she cannot forget. These words were given to her by someone she holds dear, more than anyone else. She does not yet know their meaning.
A certain point in time, in the continent of Telesis. The great war which divided the continent into North and South has ended after four years, and the people are welcoming a new generation.
Violet Evergarden, a young girl formerly known as “the weapon”, has left the battlefield to start a new life at CH Postal Service. There, she is deeply moved by the work of “Auto Memories Dolls”, who carry people’s thoughts and convert them into words.
Violet begins her journey as an Auto Memories Doll, and comes face to face with various people’s emotions and differing shapes of love. All the while searching for the meaning of those words.
The Violet Evergarden TV anime will air every Thursday at 0:00am JST on Tokyo MX from January 11th, 2018, during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. The series will also be streamed exclusively on Netflix in various regions around the world. Further details about the anime will be revealed very soon.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://violet-evergarden.jp/
And follow their Twitter: @Violet_Letter