- Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii TV Anime Adaptation Announced for Spring 2018
- My Girlfriend Is ShoBitch TV Anime Premieres This Fall/Autumn – Cast & Staff Revealed
- Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san TV Anime Adaptation Announced for 2018
- Fairy Tail Anime Final Season to Premiere 2018
- Chuunibyou demo Koi Ga Shitai! -Take on Me- Designs, Tickets & Recap Video Revealed
The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Eto Mori’s DIVE!! light novel series has revealed more details for the July TV anime. A couple new visuals, new members of the cast and the series’ theme songs.
The first episode of the DIVE!! anime will premiere on Friday, July 7th at 12:55am JST on Fuji TV during their Noitamina animation block. The anime will also be available online exclusively on Amazon Prime Video on July 5th at 12:00am, (effectively July 6), with every episode thereafter on Fridays at 3:00am JST.
New members of the anime’s cast has been announced and consist of:
- Kensho Ono (Slaine Troyard from Aldnoah.Zero) will voice Kiyotaka Matsuno
- Shouta Aoi (Daiki Tomii from Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49) as Toshihiko Tsuji
- Kengo Kawanishi (Rei Kiriyama in Sangatsu no Lion) joins the cast to voice Jirou Hirayama
- Ryouhei Kimura (Kodaka Hasegawa in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) is going to voice Hiroya Sakai
They will join alongside the previously revealed cast:
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) who will voice the main character Tomoki Sakai
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi in Code Geass) as Youichi Fujitani
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) will star as Shibuki Okitsu
- Ryota Ohsaka (Sugane Tachibana from Gatchaman Crowds) voices Ryo Ohira
- Kouki Uchiyama (Seiya Kanie from Amagi Brilliant Park) is voicing Reiji Maruyama
- Kaori Nazuka (Miyu Edelfelt from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) will be voicing Kayoko Asaki
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voicing the role of Atsuhiko Yamada
The main theme songs of the anime have been revealed. The Opening theme will be Taiyou mo Hitoribocchi performed by Qyoto and the Ending theme will be NEW WORLD by Yuuta Hashimoto. Two new videos have been revealed that preview the theme songs.
Here is the first promotional video for DIVE!!:
And the second PV:
The leading members of the production staff include:
- Director: Kaoru Suzuki (Hellsing, Pupipo!)
- Script Supervisor and Series Composer: Touko Machida (Lucky☆Star, Kore wa Zombie desu ka?)
- Original Character Designer: Suzuhito Yasuda (Durarara!!, DanMachi)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Miyako Yatsu (Chu-Bra!!, Rose O’Neill Kewpie)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Haikyuu!!, Boku no Hero Academia)
- Animation Studio: ZERO-G (Battery, Piace: Watashi no Italian)
DIVE!! is a sports bishonen light novel series written by Eto Mori. There are a total of 4 volumes of the novel that were published by Kodansha from 2005 till 2007. Following the novel, Mori produced a manga adaptation of the series alongside artist Masahiro Ikeno. The manga ran from 2007 until 2008 for a total of 5 compiled volumes, under Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. The series also inspired a live action film adaptation in 2008.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
The series revolves around the Mizuki Diving Club (MDC), which is on the verge of closing down after having financial troubles. The club’s new coach persuades the club’s parent company to stay open on one condition: that the club sends one of its members to next year’s olympics as part of Japan’s olympic team.
The DIVE!! TV anime adaptation will begin its broadcast from Friday, July 7th at 12:55am JST on Fuji TV, during the Summer 2017 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed at a later date.