The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Kana Akatsuki and Akiko Takase’s Violet Evergarden light novel series has released a brand new visual for the January 2018 TV anime. In addition, a new promotional video and two cast members were also revealed.
The third official promotional video has been released for Violet Evergarden, previewing more of the anime’s stunning visuals and introducing the main characters:
Here is the first promotional video of the anime:
Promotional video 2:
The original commercial, released in mid 2016:
And here is the second commercial:
Two new voice actresses have been revealed to join the cast of the upcoming anime:
- Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) joins the cast to voice Erica Braun
- Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna from Sword Art Online) voicing as Iris Canary
They will joined the previously revealed cast members:
- Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa Ackerman in Attack on Titan) will voice Violet Evergarden
- Takehito Koyasu (Roswell L Mathers from Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) joins the cast to voice Claudia Hodgins
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) as Gilbert Bougainvillea
- Aya Endou (Miyuki Takara from Lucky☆Star) voicing as Cattleya Baudelaire
- Kouki Uchiyama (Seiya Kanie from Amagi Brilliant Park) who will voice Benedict Blue
The Violet Evergarden anime will be airing in Japan in January 2018 on Tokyo MX, ABC Asahi, TV Aichi, HTB Hokkaido and BS11. The series falls under the Winter 2017/2018 anime season.
The series will also be streamed exclusively on Netflix Japan, presumably around the same time frame as the TV broadcast. The anime will then be available on Netflix around the world starting from Spring 2018, which generally begins in April. Details on whether the series will be simulcasted weekly, or released with all episodes at once, has also not been revealed.
The production staff of the anime will include:
- Director: Taichi Ishidate (Kyoukai no Kanata, Kyoukai no Kanata I’ll Be Here)
- Series Composer: Reiko Yoshida (K-ON!, Koe no Katachi)
- Anime Character Designer: Akiko Takase (Amagi Brilliant Park and Free! Eternal Summer Key Animator)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Clannad, Koe no Katachi)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hibike! Euphonium, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
The Opening theme song of the anime will be performed by Japanese pop singer TRUE (Hibike! Euphonium OP, Buddy Complex OP).
The first episode of the anime will be pre-screened at the 2017 Kyoto Animation & Animation Do Fan Event on October 21st, and at AFA Singapore 2017 on the weekend of November 24.
Violet Evergarden is a Japanese light novel written by Kana Akatsuki and illustrated by Akiko Takase. The novel was entered into the 2014 Kyoto Animation Awards where it became the first winner of the grand prize in the novel category (the first winner of any novel, scenario and manga categories). The novel was published on December 25, 2015 by Kyoto Animation under their KA Esuma Bunko imprint.
The Anime Expo site describes Violet Evergarden as:
There are words Violet heard on the battlefield, which she cannot forget. These words were given to her by someone she holds dear, more than anyone else. She does not yet know their meaning.
A certain point in time, in the continent of Telesis. The great war which divided the continent into North and South has ended after four years, and the people are welcoming a new generation.
Violet Evergarden, a young girl formerly known as “the weapon”, has left the battlefield to start a new life at CH Postal Service. There, she is deeply moved by the work of “Auto Memories Dolls”, who carry people’s thoughts and convert them into words.
Violet begins her journey as an Auto Memories Doll, and comes face to face with various people’s emotions and differing shapes of love. All the while searching for the meaning of those words.
The Violet Evergarden TV anime by Kyoto Animation will broadcast in January 2018, during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season, and will also be streamed exclusively on Netflix Japan. Further details about the anime will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://violet-evergarden.jp/
And follow their Twitter: https://twitter.com/Violet_Letter
Source Article and Images –
Violet Evergarden Anime Website
“Violet Evergarden”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Kana Akatsuki, Akiko Takase and Kyoto Animation
Theo Anime News