- This cute Japanese accessory turns your cat into a fruit tart
- Humble Bundle is Offering $500 Worth of Attack on Titan Manga for $18
- 'Koi wa Ameagari no You ni' is This Season's Lovable Romance
- Conan and Amuro Face Off in New Detective Conan Movie Visual
- Fate/Extra Last Encore Ending CD Unveils Three Designs
At the recent Made in Abyss event, the staff of the franchise has announced a sequel to the TV anime adaptation of Akihito Tsukushi’s Made in Abyss web manga. Details about the format of the sequel were not revealed.
During the event, a video was played that announces the decision of the sequel (and also briefly recaps the events of the first season).
The first season of the anime premiered in the Summer 2017 anime season and ran for a total of 13 episodes. The series aired on Fridays on AT-X at 9:30pm JST from July 7th.
The main cast of the first season includes:
- Miyu Tomita (Umaru Doma in Himouto! Umaru-chan) as Riko
- Mariya Ise (Stocking Anarchy from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) as Regu
- Shiori Izawa (Tanpopo Kuraishi in Witch Craft Works) voices Nanachi
- Sayaka Ohara (Irisviel von Einzbern in Fate/Zero) voices the role of Ouzen
- Aki Toyosaki (Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!) as Maruruk
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) as Lyza
The anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Masayuki Kojima (Black Bullet, Monster)
- Series Composer: Hideyuki Kurata (The World God Only Knows, OreImo)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Kazuchika Kise (Blood-C, Ghost in the Shell: Arise)
- Art Director: Osamu Masuyama (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Miyori no Mori)
- Music Composer: Kevin Penkin (Norn9, Under the Dog)
- Sound Director: You Yamada (Meganebu!, Black Butler)
- Animation Studio: Kinema Citrus (Barakamon, Black Bullet)
Here is the main promotional video for the first season:
Made in Abyss is a fantasy adventure web manga written and illustrated by Akihito Tsukushi. The series began in 2012 being published online on Web Comic Gamma. To date a total of 6 volumes have been compiled and published.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
The Abyss—a gaping chasm stretching down into the depths of the earth, filled with mysterious creatures and relics from a time long past. How did it come to be? What lies at the bottom? Countless brave individuals, known as Divers, have sought to solve these mysteries of the Abyss, fearlessly descending into its darkest realms. The best and bravest of the Divers, the White Whistles, are hailed as legends by those who remain on the surface.
Riko, daughter of the missing White Whistle Lyza the Annihilator, aspires to become like her mother and explore the furthest reaches of the Abyss. However, just a novice Red Whistle herself, she is only permitted to roam its most upper layer. Even so, Riko has a chance encounter with a mysterious robot with the appearance of an ordinary young boy. She comes to name him Reg, and he has no recollection of the events preceding his discovery. Certain that the technology to create Reg must come from deep within the Abyss, the two decide to venture forth into the chasm to recover his memories and see the bottom of the great pit with their own eyes. However, they know not of the harsh reality that is the true existence of the Abyss.
A sequel to the Made in Abyss TV anime has been announced and is in production. Details about the sequel, including its format, will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://miabyss.com/
And follow their Twitter: @miabyss_anime
Source Article –
Made in Abyss Anime Website
Source Article –
Anime News Network
“Made in Abyss”, images, videos, and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Akihito Tsukushi, Gamma, Kinema Citrus and the Made in Abyss Production Committee
Theo Tin Tuc Anime