The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Cygames’ Granblue Fantasy smart phone game has announced that the series will be getting a brand new anime adaptation.
Not many details were revealed in the announcement, other than that the new anime will be a TV series. Further details about when it will air and what it will retain to, either a sequel, prequel or new adaptation altogether, will be revealed at a later date.
Granblue Fantasy: The Animation was initially slated to air during the Winter 2016/2017 anime season in January, but got delayed until the Spring 2017 anime season. The series aired for a total of 13 episodes, with two additional OVAs being bundled with the season’s home media release.
The main cast of the anime includes:
- Yuuki Ono (Taiga Kagami in Kuroko’s Basketball) leads the cast as Gran
- Nao Touyama (Chitoge Kirisaki in Nisekoi) voicing as Lyria
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Celty Sturluson from Durarara!!) as Catalina Alize
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) voices Vyrn
- Hiroaki Hirata (Sanji from One Piece) as Rackam
- Yukari Tamura (Jibril from No Game No Life) voicing Io Euclase
- Kazuhiro Yamaji (Jouji Saiga from Psycho-Pass) voices Eugene
- Rie Tanaka (Mitsuru Kirijo in Persona 3) voicing the role of Rosetta
The production staff of Granblue Fantasy: The Animation consists of:
- Director: Yuuki Itoh (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid)
- Co-Director: Ayako Kurata (Black Blood Brothers and Area 88 Chief Animation Director)
- Anime Character Designer: Toshifumi Akai (Kokoro Connect, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)
- Art Director: Masatoshi Kai (Blue Exorcist, Kakumeiki Valvrave)
- Music Composers: Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy I – Final Fantasy XI, Granblue Fantasy) and Tsutomu Narita (Final Fantasy XIV, Granblue Fantasy)
- Animation Studio: A1-Pictures (Sword Art Online, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
Here is the anime’s main promotional video:
Granblue Fantasy is a mobile RPG developed by Cygames and published by Mobage for Android and iOS devices. The game released in Japan in March 2014 and garnered much attention with Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy I – Final Fantasy XI) composing the game’s music. The game is very popular in Japan and has been downloaded over 10 million times within its year of release. It was previously announced at TGS 2015 that the game would see an international release, but so far the game is only avaliable in Japan. The series received a light novel adaptation in 2014 from the game’s writers and a manga adaptation by Makoto Fuugetsu and Kendi Oiwa (Welcome to the N.H.K.) that started publication in April 2016. The series also received a TV anime adaptation in Spring 2017, directed by Yuuki Itoh (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid) and produced by A1-Pictures (Sword Art Online, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso). The game is also being adapted into an Action RPG by Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance) for 2018.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
This is a world of the skies, where many islands drift in the sky. A boy named Gran and a talking winged lizard named Vyrn lived in Zinkenstill, an island which yields mysteries. One day, they come across a girl named Lyria. Lyria had escaped from the Erste Empire, a military government that is trying to rule over this world using powerful military prowess. In order to escape from the Empire, Gran and Lyria head out into the vast skies, holding the letter Gran’s father left behind—which said, “I will be waiting at Estalucia, Island of Stars.”
A new Granblue Fantasy TV anime adaptation has been announced and is in production. Further details about the new TV anime will be revealed at a later date.
You can visit the anime’s website here: http://anime.granbluefantasy.jp/
And follow their Twitter: @anime_gbf
Source Article –
Granblue Fantasy: The Animation Website
“Granblue Fantasy”, “Granblue Fantasy: The Animation”, images, video and all associated brands and titles © 2017 Cygames, Mobage, A-1 Pictures and the Granblue Fantasy Production Committee
Theo Anime News