- Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii TV Anime Adaptation Announced for Spring 2018
- My Girlfriend Is ShoBitch TV Anime Premieres This Fall/Autumn – Cast & Staff Revealed
- Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san TV Anime Adaptation Announced for 2018
- Fairy Tail Anime Final Season to Premiere 2018
- Chuunibyou demo Koi Ga Shitai! -Take on Me- Designs, Tickets & Recap Video Revealed
At the recent Nanatsu no Taizai FES event, the staff of the anime adaptation of Nakaba Suzuki’s Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins) manga announced that the second season of the series will premiere in January 2018. In addition, the first visual and promotional videos were also revealed.
The second season of the anime will be titled Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu (The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of The Commandments) and will air during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season, which generally begins in January 2018.
The new cast members include:
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voicing as Escanor
- Rina Satou (Mikoto Misaka in Toaru Majutsu no Index) joins the cast to voice Matrona
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) as Zeldris
- Hiroki Touchi (Ging Freecss from Hunter x Hunter) voicing Estarossa
- Hiroshi Iwasaki (Saito in Tiger & Bunny) who will voice Galand
- Mao Ichimichi (Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr) as Melascula
- Daisuke Ono (Sebastian Michaelis in Black Butler) voices Drole
- Yuusuke Kobayashi (Subaru Natsuki from Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) voicing the role of Gloxinia
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) as Monspeet
- Ayahi Takagaki (Mikako Satsukitane in Sora no Otoshimono) voicing Derieri
- Kouji Yusa (Kyousuke Hyoubu from Zettai Karen Children) as Grayroad
- Katsuyuki Konishi (America from Hetalia) who will voice Fraudrin
The main cast of the first anime will return for the 2018 series:
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) is back to voice Meliodas
- Sora Amamiya (Miia from Monster Musume) returns to voice Elizabeth Liones
- Misaki Kuno (Kate Hoshimiya from Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda) as Hawk
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) voicing as Diane
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Makoto Tachibana from Free!) voices Ban
- Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch) will voice King
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate) voicing the role of Gilthunder
The anime’s staff returning from the first series includes:
- Director: Takeshi Furuta (ēlDLIVE, Uta no Prince-sama Maji LOVE Legend Star)
- Series Composer: Takao Yoshioka (High School DxD, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Keigo Sasaki (Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings, Ao no Exorcist)
- Music Composer: Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Aldnoah.Zero)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Arslan Senki)
In addition to the new season, an anime movie based on the series was announced for a Summer 2018 release. Details about what the film will cover, will be revealed at a later date.
Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins) is a fantasy action manga written and illustrated by Nakaba Suzuki. The series began in October 2012 being published every week in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine. To date a total of 16 volumes have been compiled and published. The series received a spin-off manga adaptation in August last year being drawn by Juichi Yamaki. The manga has also had various one-shots, including a crossover Hiro Mashima’s Fairy Tail manga. Nanatsu no Taizai received an anime adaptation in the Fall/Autumn 2014 anime season running for a total of 24 episodes and 2 bonus OVAs. The series was directed by Tensai Okamura (Darker than Black, Ao no Exorcist) and produced by A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero). A mini TV series was produced in 2016 under Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi, and aired in August for 4 episodes.
Here is the synopsis of the series from MAL:
In a world similar to the European Middle Ages, the feared yet revered Holy Knights of Britannia use immensely powerful magic to protect the region of Britannia and its kingdoms. However, a small subset of the Knights supposedly betrayed their homeland and turned their blades against their comrades in an attempt to overthrow the ruler of Liones. They were defeated by the Holy Knights, but rumors continued to persist that these legendary knights, called the “Seven Deadly Sins,” were still alive. Ten years later, the Holy Knights themselves staged a coup d’état, and thus became the new, tyrannical rulers of the Kingdom of Liones.
Based on the best-selling manga series of the same name, Nanatsu no Taizai follows the adventures of Elizabeth, the third princess of the Kingdom of Liones, and her search for the Seven Deadly Sins. With their help, she endeavors to not only take back her kingdom from the Holy Knights, but to also seek justice in an unjust world.
A second season of Nanatsu no Taizai TV anime is currently in production, titled Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu, will air from January 2018 during the Winter 2017/2018 anime season. Further information about the new anime will be revealed soon.