- This cute Japanese accessory turns your cat into a fruit tart
- Humble Bundle is Offering $500 Worth of Attack on Titan Manga for $18
- 'Koi wa Ameagari no You ni' is This Season's Lovable Romance
- Conan and Amuro Face Off in New Detective Conan Movie Visual
- Fate/Extra Last Encore Ending CD Unveils Three Designs
Japanese video game publisher and developer Bandai Namco Games have announced that a video game based on Studio Trigger’s Little Witch Academia anime is in production, Little Witch Academia: The Witch of Time and the Seven Wonders. The game will release on the PlayStation 4 in Japan later in 2017.
Here is the announcement video for the game:
The game itself will be an action adventure title, featuring an original story that will match the quality of the anime. Players will explore Luna Nova Magical High School as Akko and her fellow classmates, uncovering the school’s seven wonders. The game promises detailed facial expressions and dynamic 3D movements, whilst also featuring anime cutscenes during battle.
Here are some screenshots for Little Witch Academia: The Witch of Time and the Seven Wonders:
The Little Witch Academia TV anime is currently airing every Sunday on Tokyo MX at midnight. The anime also airs on Mondays on BS11 at 12:30am JST. The anime is also available on Netflix Japan.
The main cast from the previous anime will return to reprise their roles:
- Megumi Han (Hime Shirayuki from Precure All Stars) will return as Atsuko Kagari
- Fumiko Orikasa (Satsuki Momoi in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Lotte Yanson
- Michiyo Murase (Mogutan from Kamisama Minarai: Himitsu no Cocotama) is voicing Sucy Manbavaran
- Yoko Hikasa (Mio Akiyama from K-ON!) is back to voice Diana Cavendish
- Arisa Shida (Ameno in Naruto: Shippuuden) voices Amanda O’Neill
- Rie Murakawa (Hotaru Ichijou from Non Non Biyori) returns to voice Constanze von Braunschbank Albrechtsberger
- Reina Ueda (Naru Sekiya in Hanayamata) as Jasminka Antonenko
- Noriko Hidaka (Masumi Sera from Detective Conan) voicing as Ursula
- Hidaka also returns to voice Shiny Chariot
Little Witch Academia is an original anime short produced by Studio Trigger (Kill la Kill, Inferno Cop) for the 2013 Anime Mirai project. The project itself is funded by the Japanese Government’s Agency for Cultural Affairs to train new and upcoming animators. The anime itself was a 26 minute special that was directed by Yoshinari Yoh (Gurren Lagann Parallel Works) who also designed the character designs for the anime and written by Masahiko Otsuka (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt). The anime’s staff returned to produce a sequel movie titled Little Witch Academia: Mahoujikake no Parade in 2015 following a successful Kickstarter.
Here is a synopsis of the anime from MAL:
In her admiration of Shiny Chariot, a famous witch renowned for her unorthodox yet enchanting spells, Kagari Akko, an ordinary girl, joined Witch Academia in the hope of someday becoming as spectacular as Shiny Chariot. She is determined to become a graduate of Witch Academy and make her dream come true despite not being from a lineage with witchcraft and wizardry.
The story takes places when Akko, along with her two best friends, Lotte Yansson and Sucy Manbavaran, take their first lessons to become witches; however, Akko is furious when she finds out that Shiny Chariot is not as popular in the world of the witches as she had thought.
A Little Witch Academia video game is being produced for the PlayStation 4, Little Witch Academia: The Witch of Time and the Seven Wonders, set to release in Japan this year. Further details about the game will be released at a later date.