- Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii TV Anime Adaptation Announced for Spring 2018
- My Girlfriend Is ShoBitch TV Anime Premieres This Fall/Autumn – Cast & Staff Revealed
- Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san TV Anime Adaptation Announced for 2018
- Fairy Tail Anime Final Season to Premiere 2018
- Chuunibyou demo Koi Ga Shitai! -Take on Me- Designs, Tickets & Recap Video Revealed
The official website of the 2017 Kyoto Animation & Animation Do Fan Event has revealed that a pre-screening session for the upcoming anime adaptation of Kana Akatsuki and Akiko Takase’s Violet Evergarden light novel will be held on October 21st. This implies that the anime might air from the Winter 2017/2018 anime season at the earliest, if the series is a full TV anime.
Generally, pre-screening events are held before the official broadcast of the anime. Since the event will be at the end of October, and that the Fall/Autumn 2017 anime season begins at the start of October, it indicates that the anime won’t air until the next season. The following season is Winter 2017/2018, which begins in January 2018.
Kyoto Animation has yet to reveal official details on its air window, format, and episode count.
The event on October 21st will also host a preview for Free!: -Take Your Marks-, a new movie based on the Free! anime and Kouji Ouji and Futoshi Nishiya’s High☆Speed! light novel series. The 28th will be a concert featuring the music from Hibike! Euphonium. Both events will be held at the Rohm Theater in Kyoto. To attend the event, you will need to purchase an entry into a lottery. Entries are open from June 1st.
Here is the first commercial for the anime, produced by Kyoto Animation:
Here is the second commercial:
The production staff of the commercial includes:
- Director and Storyboard Artist: Taichi Ishidate (Kyoukai no Kanata, Kyoukai no Kanata I’ll Be Here)
- Anime Character Designer and Animation Director: Akiko Takase (Amagi Brilliant Park and Free! Eternal Summer Key Animator)
- Key Animators: Nami Iwasaki (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Kyoukai no Kanata), Fumio Tada (Kyoukai no Kanata, Amagi Brilliant Park), Kohei Okamura (High Speed! -Free! Starting Days-, Musaigen no Phantom World), Shinpei Sawa (Tamako Love Story, Kyoukai no Kanata), Nobuaki Maruki (Amagi Brilliant Park Chief Animation Director), Tatsuya Sato (Gundam Build Fighters and Kakumeiki Valvrave Digital Painter) and Miku Kadowaki (Kyoukai no Kanata Character Designer)
- 3D Art: Joji Unoguchi (K-ON! and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Background Artist)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hibike! Euphonium, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
Violet Evergarden is a Japanese light novel written by Kana Akatsuki and illustrated by Akiko Takase. The novel was entered into the 2014 Kyoto Animation Awards where it became the first winner of the grand prize in the novel category (the first winner of any novel, scenario and manga categories). The novel was published on December 25, 2015 by Kyoto Animation under their KA Esuma Bunko imprint.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
Dr. Orlando created a doll that can release natural voice called Auto Memories Doll initially for his beloved wife, but is popular among the world, and even an organization to lend it is established. The lady that looks like she’s from a story book with blond hair and emerald eyes would say “This is Violet Evergarden, Auto Memories Doll Service will be there as soon as the customers wish to” with pretty and natural voice.
An TV anime adaptation of Violet Evergarden by Kyoto Animation is set to air in 2018, as indicated with the anime’s first episode receiving a pre-screening event on October 21st. Further details will be revealed at a later date.