- Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii TV Anime Adaptation Announced for Spring 2018
- My Girlfriend Is ShoBitch TV Anime Premieres This Fall/Autumn – Cast & Staff Revealed
- Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san TV Anime Adaptation Announced for 2018
- Fairy Tail Anime Final Season to Premiere 2018
- Chuunibyou demo Koi Ga Shitai! -Take on Me- Designs, Tickets & Recap Video Revealed
The official website of the K anime project has revealed that the previously announced K Seven Stories anime project will be a film series composed of seven movies, as the name implies. The first movie will be released in Summer 2018.
There will be a total of 7 films to K Seven Stories, with the first film set to release in Japan from Summer 2018. The titles and preview images for each film have been revealed, however no release dates have been announced. The films are:
- K Seven Stories Based on Side:Blue
- K Seven Stories Based on Lost Small World
- K Seven Stories Based on R:B
- K Seven Stories Based on Side:Green
- K Seven Stories Based on Memory of Red
- K Seven Stories Based on Idol K
- K Seven Stories Based on New Story
The leading staff members of the upcoming anime are:
- Director and Anime Character Designer: Shingo Suzuki (K, Coppelion)
- Animation Studio: GoHands (K, Seitokai Yakuindomo)
The main cast of the previous anime instalments includes:
- Daisuke Namikawa (Rokuro Okajima in Black Lagoon) will return to voice Yashiro Isana
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Sadaharu Inui from Prince of Tennis) is back as Mikoto Suoh
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) will be voicing Reisi Munakata
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Jonathan Joestar in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) will voice the Green King Nagare Hisui
- Shouzou Iizuka (Genji Kamogawa in Hajime no Ippo: Rising) returns as Daikaku Kokujōji
K, also known as K Project, is an original television anime series by the studio GoHands (Seitokai Yakuindomo, Coppelion). The series launched in October 2012 and was helmed by director Shingo Suzuki (Coppelion). The series received modest reception for its plot, but it was praised for the fluidity of the visuals and art. The creator of the series, GoRa (who also helped with the series’ composition), also wrote the story of the many adaptations of K. To date, the series has two prequel mangas, a side story manga, two light novels and a PlayStation Vita game. A sequel film to the anime series, titled K Missing Kings, was also produced and released in July 2013. The series received a second TV anime season titled K: Return of Kings.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in a world where history has taken a slightly different course from the one we’re familiar with, K follows the story of a young boy whose life is caught in a psychic war between seven kings.
Ashinaka High School is known for its unique setting: the entire campus is built on an island. Yashiro Isana, aka Shiro, is having lunch with a cat on one of the school rooftops. After his lunch break, Shiro goes on an errand for his classmate Kukuri to prepare for their upcoming school festival, only to be chased by some intimidating-looking men.
The K Seven Stories anime project will consist of 7 movies, which will start releasing in Japan from Summer 2018. Additional information about the films and the project as a whole will be revealed soon.