- 'Cardcaptor Sakura' is Getting a 4K Remastered Release
- New Sakura Visual Revealed for Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel – I .Presage Flower – Otaku Tale
- Here is How Anime Studios Make Their Money
- 'Rurouni Kenshin' Creator Pleads Guilty to Child Porn Charges
- Chow Down on Fullmetal Alchemist Food at SweetsParadise!
For the first time in their 8 year existence, pop duo ClariS revealed their faces at a live event. ClariS, which consists of Clara and Karen, have always performed while wearing masks. They also use anime avatars for promo items, which was to protect their identities as school students.
ClariS decided to end their Pacifico Yokohama Concert by removing their masks and greeting their audience. They would then perform “Prism” unmasked, which concluded with a large amount of fanfare.
Clara told the audience that she was happy to “finally truly meet the fans” after performing with a mask for most of her career. Karen, who replaced Alice after she left to pursue education, said that she was nervous about the unmasking, but was happy in the end. The duo was said to have planned the unmasking without pressure from their record label or manager.
ClariS first gained popularity in 2009 when Clara and Alice shared their covers of anime songs on Niconico. Sony Music Entertainment Japan signed the duo in 2010 and their debut single “Irony” was used as the opening for Oreimo. They have contributed songs to Madoka Magica, Nisekoi, and Nisemonogatari.