- Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii TV Anime Adaptation Announced for Spring 2018
- My Girlfriend Is ShoBitch TV Anime Premieres This Fall/Autumn – Cast & Staff Revealed
- Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san TV Anime Adaptation Announced for 2018
- Fairy Tail Anime Final Season to Premiere 2018
- Chuunibyou demo Koi Ga Shitai! -Take on Me- Designs, Tickets & Recap Video Revealed
The official website of Junpei Inuzuka and Katsumi Enami’s Isekai Shokudou (Restaurant to Another World) light novel series has announced that the fantasy mystery series will be getting a TV anime adaptation this Summer. The official website of the anime has launched, revealing the first visual, cast and staff.
The Isekai Shokudou TV anime adaptation is set to air during the Summer 2017 anime season, which generally begins in July.
The anime’s website has revealed the first two members of the anime’s main cast:
- Junichi Suwabe (Victor Nikifolov from Yuri!!! On Ice) will voice Tenshu
- Sumire Uesaka (Sanae Dekomori in Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) joins the cast as Aretta
The leading staff members were announced and consists of:
- Director and Series Composer: Masato Jinbo (Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei, Shomin Sample)
- Anime Character Designers: Takao Sano (Shomin Sample, Chitose Get You!!) and Keiichi Sano (Strike the Blood, Absolute Duo)
- Animation Studio: Silver Link (Non Non Biyori, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya)
Isekai Shokudou (Restaurant to Another World) is a fantasy mystery light novel series written by Junpei Inuzuka. The series launched in 2013 on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website. To date a total of 3 compile volumes have been published by Shufunotomo’s Hero Bunko imprint, with illustrations by Katsumi Enami. A manga adaptation of the series began in November 2016 being published under Square Enix’s Young Gangan magazine.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
At the bottom floor of the building with a dog signboard, in the shopping district near the office street, there lies a cafeteria called “Youshoku no Nekoya,” that has an illustration of a cat on the door. It’s been open for fifty years and has satisfied various salarymen from nearby offices. Despite it being called a Western cuisine cafeteria, it also provides other varieties of menus. For the people of this certain world, it’s their one-and-only special cafeteria.
There is, however, one secret to “Nekoya.” The cafeteria is closed to the public every Saturday in order to make way for special guests. When a bell rings, customers from different places of birth and races appear who ask for mysterious and delicious dishes. They are actually the same dishes served to the salarymen, but these special guests find them to be more exotic than to what they are used to. As the cafeteria aims to serve masterpieces, it is usually referred as “Isekai Shokudou.”
And so, the bell rings again this week.
A TV anime adaptation of Isekai Shokudou has been announced and is scheduled to air through the Summer 2017 anime season, which generally starts in July. Further details about the series will be revealed at a later date.