- Japan celebrates Nice Knee-High Socks Day with beautiful online photo collections 【Pics】
- Busty Taiwanese cosplayer creates eye-popping display of beautiful anime characters
- Japanese photographer’s sage advice highlights the hidden dangers female cosplayers face
- Japan's 89-year-old cosplaying granny opens new photo exhibition in Tokyo
- Christmas cat capsule toy hats from Japan will make your holiday feline festivities jolly
At first glance, there is nothing spectacular about this Margaery Tyrell cosplay from the New York Comic-Con. Hair? Check. Dress? Check. Ample (ahem) cleavage? Check. But, then comes the cosplay twist that turns this fairly run-of-the-mill cosplay into maybe the best ‘Game of Thrones‘ cosplay we’ve seen.
We don’t want to give anything away (oh, who are we kidding, you’ve already watched the video), but there’s a Shyamalan-esque third-act twist in this cosplay video that sets this cosplay apart from all the rest. And, if you’re going to a comic convention, you’re going to see a ton of Daenerys, some Jon Snow and probably even some Ygritte (“Yeh know nuffing Jawn Snew!”), so if you’re going to take it to the next level, you’ve got to do something special.
Now what? With this in the books, the ‘Game of Thrones’ cosplayers really need to take it up a notch for the next Comic-Con. Can we get an amputee to go as Jamie Lannister? Or maybe Peter Dinklage to wear a Tyrion mask and wear it on the Comic-Con floor, a la Bryan Cranston. Whatever it is, the gauntlet has been thrown down by Ms. Margaery here, but how long can she hold on to the Iron Throne of cosplay?