- Shokugeki no Souma Season 3 Listed for 24 Episodes – New Visual Revealed – Otaku Tale
- Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel – I .presage flower Debuts #1 with ¥413 Million Opening Weekend – Otaku Tale
- 'The Fairly OddParents' Creator Just Made an Anime Style Short
- The Seven Deadly Sins Game Book Released!
- Code Geass × Pia Mook Releases Lelouch Pia!
The official website for the Gekijōban Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei: Hoshi o Yobu Shōjo (The Irregular at Magic High School The Movie: The Girl Who Calls the Stars) film unveiled a new visual on Thursday and revealed that the anime will open in Japan on June 17. The film’s staff announced the opening date during a Niconico live streaming program on Thursday.
Advance tickets for theatrical screenings will go on sale in theaters in Japan on February 18. The tickets will cost 1,500 yen (US$13) each, and they will come with a B2-size poster of the new visual as the initial bonus item.
The staff had revealed a second key visual for the film in October.
The film will feature a new character named Kokoa (pictured below), who is a deserter from the National Defense Navy’s base, and who ends up in Miyuki’s care. Her appearance is that of a very young woman, but her true character is shrouded in mystery.
Original light novel author Tsutomu Satou is writing an original new story for the film. In the story, the seasons have changed, and it will soon be the second spring. The poor student older brother Tatsuya and the honor student younger sister Miyuki have finished their first year at their magic high school, and are on their spring break. The two go to their villa on the Ogasawara Island archipelago. After only a small moment of peace, a lone young woman named Kokoa appears before them. She has abandoned the Naval base, and she tells Tatsuya her one wish.
The film’s returning cast includes:
- Saori Hayami as Miyuki Shiba
- Yūichi Nakamura as Tatsuya Shiba
- Yumi Uchiyama as Erika Chiba
- Takuma Terashima as Leonhart Saijo
- Satomi Satou as Mizuki Shibata
- Atsushi Tamaru as Mikihiko Yoshida
- Sora Amamiya as Honoka Mitsui
- Yuiko Tatsumi as Shizuku Kitayama
Tsutomu Satou began writing the novel series with character designs and illustrations by Kana Ishida (Aquarion Evol character design) in 2008 under the Dengeki Bunko label. Yen Press licensed the original light novel series and the spinoff manga The Honor Student at Magic High School.
The earlier 26-episode television anime adaptation debuted in April 2014 from director Manabu Ono at Madhouse. Aniplex of America licensed the anime and released it on home video in 2015.
Incoming search terms:
- Gekijōban Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei: Hoshi o Yobu Shojo
- Gekijōban Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei: Hoshi o Yobu Shojo gogoanime