Site & Forum Guidelines
The following guidelines were written so that you, the general user, can get an idea of what you can expect and what is to be expected of you during your time on the forum and other parts of Anime Smile.
These have been written as general guidelines only and are superseded by any more specific rule threads on a particular section of the site written by a staff member that say otherwise. The administrators and forum moderators reserve the right to make exceptions to any of these rules whenever they feel it is necessary to do so to maintain proper decorum.
Failure to abide by these rules will result in various consequences to temporary to permanent bans. Recurring, willful transgressions will result in a permanent ban. Rule violations that do not fall into the below categories will be treated on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions regarding any of the aforementioned rules, feel free to message us. If you find any content that does not meet these criteria, please message us too.
General Site Guidelines
- Providing or requesting links to copyrighted, non-fair use material is not allowed.
- Do not upload any NSFH (Not Safe for Anime Smile) images to the site (including
- Trolling, abuse and/or harassment will not be tolerated.
- Impersonating another member of the site is not allowed.
- Do not spam or advertise on Anime Smile.
- Please report rule violations to us. Do not attempt to address or correct the situation yourself.
- All posts in the main forum must be in English.
- Posts which fall into Anime Smile definition of spam may be removed without notice.
User Profile Guidelines
- Offensive usernames are unnecessary and will be changed.
- One account per person. Duplicates will be banned and/or removed.
NSFH: Content that might be considered offensive or too sexually explicit for the wide range of age groups on Anime Smile user base. This includes, but is not limited to: erotic, excessively violent, bigoted and harmful content.
- Erotic: Nudity, implied sexual acts, bodily fluids.
- Violent: Gore, disembowelment, dismemberment, torture.
- Bigoted: Irrationally hateful content aimed at, or relating to, any group or individual.
- Harmful: Seizure images.
- Content without any purpose, coherency or relevance whatsoever.
- Off-topic posts that derail a thread from its original topic.
- Reaction images/videos and other images with no relevance to the discussion.
Trolling: Starting arguments or upsetting users by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. (Source:Wikipedia)
Insults (abuse): An insult is a derogatory remark that labels an individual or group of users. Name-calling is not productive and typically derails the topic by turning the discussion to the credibility of the user(s). It never convinces the other party and often provokes a similar reaction from other posters. The resulting commotion is ineffective for the offender, offensive for the target, distracting for spectators and tiring for moderators.
Advertising: Posting content with the intent to attract visitors to another location, either an external site or another location on Anime Smile.
Impersonation: Intentionally posting as another user or staff member by copying their signature, avatar, profile picture and/or choosing a username that may be confused for another.