- Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii TV Anime Adaptation Announced for Spring 2018
- My Girlfriend Is ShoBitch TV Anime Premieres This Fall/Autumn – Cast & Staff Revealed
- Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san TV Anime Adaptation Announced for 2018
- Fairy Tail Anime Final Season to Premiere 2018
- Chuunibyou demo Koi Ga Shitai! -Take on Me- Designs, Tickets & Recap Video Revealed
Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Clannad) has announced that the second recap film of Free! anime, Free!-Timeless Medley- Yakusoku, will be released in theatres across Japan on July 1st. The film’s official website has revealed new visuals, character designs and a new trailer.
Free! -Timeless Medley- Yakusoku will be the second of the two compilation films of the Free! anime. It will release in over 60 theatres around Japan on July 1st. The film will revolve around Rin Matsuoka and his friends from the two TV anime seasons. The film will also include new scenes and remastered audio.
Advanced tickets are currently available for purchase; the online Kyoto Animation store are offering a ticket bundle with a set of 5 postcards for ¥1,800 (~ US$16.30), whilst movie theatres are offering a bundle with one of eight clear files for ¥1,500 (~ US$13.50).
Here is the first trailer for the anime film:
The first compilation film, Free! -Timeless Medley- Kizuna, released in Japan on April 22nd. The film revolved around Haruka Nanase and his friends from the two TV anime seasons. The film included new scenes and remastered audio.
Here is the trailer for the first film:
The main cast of the Free! -Timeless Medley- anime films include:
- Nobunaga Shimazaki (Shidou Itsuka from Date A Live) voices Haruka Nanase
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Hiroomi Nase from Kyoukai no Kanata) voiced Makoto Tachibana
- Tsubasa Yonaga (Aichi Sendou in Cardfight!! Vanguard) voicing as Nagisa Hazuki
- Daisuke Hirakawa (Makoto Itou from School Days) as Rei Ryugazaki
- Mamoru Miyano (Rintarou Okabe in Steins;Gate) voices the role of Rin Matsuoka
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) as Sosuke Yamazaki
- Kouki Miyata (Kouta Tsuchiya in Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) voicing Aiichirou Nitori
- Kenichi Suzumura (Mikiya Kokutou from Kara no Kyoukai) will voice Momotarou Mikoshiba
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado Ryuugamine from Durarara!!) voices Asahi Shiina
- Kouki Uchiyama (Seiya Kanie from Amagi Brilliant Park) voicing the role of Ikuya Kirishima
The production staff for the films include:
- Director: Eisaku Kawanami (Free! and Hyouka Episode Director)
- Series Composer: Masahiro Yokotani (Free!, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
- Anime Character Designer: Futoshi Nishiya (Free!, Nichijou)
- Art Director: Joji Unoguchi (Free!, Nichijou)
- Music Composer: Tatsuya Katou (Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Mirai Nikki)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka (Free!, Chuunibyou Demo koi ga Shitai!)
- Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Clannad) and Animation Do (Free!)
In addition to the two recap films, there will also be a brand new anime movie set to release this Fall/Autumn. The new movie, Free! -Take Your Marks-, will feature new content, set after the events of the two anime seasons.
Free! (Free! – Iwatobi Swim Club) is a TV anime series based of Kouji Ohji light novel High☆Speed!, which is illustrated by Futoshi Nishiya. The light novel received an honourable mention in the 2011 Kyoto Animation Award contest, and to date a total of 2 volumes have been published by Kyoto Animation. The anime adaptation aired from July 2013 for 12 episodes, animated by Kyoto Animation (Hyouka, Clannad) and Animation Do – with the latter’s animation debut. The second season of the anime, Free! – Eternal Summer, aired in Summer 2014. A prequel film titled High☆Speed! -Free! Starting Days- was released in late 2015. There were also radio shows and drama CD volumes released to promote the two anime seasons.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
The story revolves around Haruka Nanase, a boy who has always loved to be immersed in water, and to swim in it. Before graduating from elementary school, he participated in a swimming tournament along with his fellow swimming club members, Makoto Tachibana, Nagisa Hazuki, and Rin Matsuoka. After achieving victory, each of the boys went their separate ways.
Time passed, and in the middle of their uneventful high school lives Rin appears and challenges Haruka to a match, showing Haruka his overwhelming power. Not wanting it to end like this, Haruka, gathers together Makoto and Nagisa once again and brings a new member named Rei Ryugazaki to create the Iwatobi High School Swimming Club in order to defeat Rin.
The second compilation of the Free! anime, Free! -Timeless Medley- Yakusoku, will release in theatres across Japan on July 1st. A sequel film, Free! -Take Your Marks-, is set to release this Fall/Autumn.