The official trailer has been released for the upcoming International release of Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry, the 2nd anime film based on Hiro Mashima’s Fairy Tail manga. The new video previews the film’s setting, main characters, action sequences and the prophetic power known as Dragon Cry.
The second Fairy Tail anime film, Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry, will be released internationally in over 16 countries this Month, including the US, UK and Australia. The film is currently available in theatres across Japan.
Here is the previous PV with English subtitles:
And the latest Japanese PV:
Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry will be released internationally in 16 countries outside of Japan this May. The announced regions include: the United States, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Thailand, and various countries in Central and South America. The exact date in May has yet to be revealed. The film itself will be released in Japan on May 6.
The main cast from the previous anime seasons will return to reprise their roles in Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry. The character designs were also unveiled; the cast consists of:
- Tetsuya Kakihara (Simon from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) returns as Natsu Dragneel
- Aya Hirano (Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) is back to voice Lucy Heartfilia
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) is voicing Gray Fullbuster
- Sayaka Ohara (Irisviel von Einzbern in Fate/Zero) will voice Erza Scarlet
- Satomi Satou (Ritsu Tainaka in K-ON!) returning as Wendy
- Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood) as Happy
- Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Bakemonogatari) as Charles
Three original characters were also revealed that will make their debut in the film:
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch-Man) stars as Animus
- Jiro Saito (Shikou Chokou from Ikkitousen) as Zash Caine
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will be voicing Sonya
The anime’s ;leading production staff has:
- Director: Tatsuma Minamikawa (Attack on Titan and Aldnoah.Zero Episode Director)
- Scriptwriter: Shoji Yonemura (Hunter × Hunter, One Piece)
- Chief Animation Director and Anime Character Designer: Yuuko Yamada (Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun, Persona 3 the Movie #3 Falling Down)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Aldnoah.Zero)
Advanced tickets for the movie will go on sale from March 17th. A bundle, retailing for ¥1,400 (~ US$12.20) is being sold at select theaters, Animate stores, and 7-Eleven stores around Japan. The bundle comes with an admission ticket and a clear file of an illustration of Natsu drawn by Mashima.
A second anime film based on Fairy Tail was announced in a May 2015 issue of Weekly Shonen Magazine. The first film in the series, Fairy Tail: Houou no Miko (Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess), released in Japanese theatres in August 2012. Mashima revealed in late 2016 that he is directly working on a new anime project.
Fairy Tail is a fantasy, action manga series written and illustrated by Hiro Mashima, being his second major publication after RAVE. The series has been published in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine since 2006, where a total of 60 volumes have been produced to date. Over the last few years, the series has grown in popularity, being the fourth highest selling manga in 2011. An anime adaptation of Fairy Tail started airing in 2009 and ended on March 30 2013, produced by A-1 Pictures (Aldnoah.Zero, AnoHana). A continuation of the anime, Fairy Tail (2014) launched in April 2014 with largely the same production staff and cast. The second series ended in March 2016 after a total of 277 episodes. 6 OVAs have been released thus far and a feature film, Fairy Tail: Houou no Miko, that was released in August 2012. The series also has its own monthly magazine, among other spin-offs.
Here is a synopsis of the series from MAL:
Set in an imaginary world, the Earth Land, there exists a Mage Guild called “Fairy Tail”. Fairy Tail is stationed in the town Magnolia, residing in the Kingdom of Fiore, and is currently governed by Makarov, Guild’s master. Lucy Heartfilia, a 17-year-old girl, wishes to become a full-fledged mage and join one of the most prestigious Mage Guilds in the world, Fairy Tail. One day, out of pure coincidence, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a boy who is transportation-sick, but very cheerful in nature. However, the thing she does not know is that Natsu is the closest connection to Fairy Tail, as he is a Mage in Fairy Tail.