- 'Cardcaptor Sakura' is Getting a 4K Remastered Release
- New Sakura Visual Revealed for Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel – I .Presage Flower – Otaku Tale
- Here is How Anime Studios Make Their Money
- 'Rurouni Kenshin' Creator Pleads Guilty to Child Porn Charges
- Chow Down on Fullmetal Alchemist Food at SweetsParadise!
Toriyama’s Dragon Ball franchise from Bandai Namco Games and Arc System Works. The announcement trailer shows off the visuals and gameplay in motion, demonstrating the developer’s ability to incorporate stylish 2D anime graphics.
Dragon Ball Fighter Z, from Arc System Works and Bandai Namco, will release on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and on PC vai Steam in early 2018.
Arc System Works are well known for developing 2D anime style fighting games, most notably the Guilty Gear, BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena series. The game itself will feature 2.5D combat with 3v3 team battles. Players will be able to determine which team combinations synergise the best to allow ultra high speed battles and flashy special moves that the Dragon Ball franchise is well known for.
Producer Tomoko Hiroki mentions that recent fighting games in the franchise have focused on full 3D, the new title will be in 2.5D since it allows for many unique mechanics. Whilst the released screenshots may appear to be 2D, the camera will shift around to allow greater expression not possible in 2D only fighters.