- Shokugeki no Souma Season 3 Listed for 24 Episodes – New Visual Revealed – Otaku Tale
- Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel – I .presage flower Debuts #1 with ¥413 Million Opening Weekend – Otaku Tale
- 'The Fairly OddParents' Creator Just Made an Anime Style Short
- The Seven Deadly Sins Game Book Released!
- Code Geass × Pia Mook Releases Lelouch Pia!
The latest issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump has teased a brand new visual for the second cour of the second season anime adaptation of Kouhei Horikoshi’s Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) manga. Additionally, a promotional video was also revealed.
Here is the first promotional video for the second half of Boku no Hero Academia season 2, which previews the new Opening theme Sora ni Utaeba by amazarashi :
The second season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime will run for a total of 25 episodes, split up into 2 cours/halfs. The first cour/half consisted of 12 episodes and the second cour/half will have the final 13 episodes – which began with episode 26 (season 2 episode 13) on June 24, delving into a new arc after the U.A.’s sports festival arc.
There will be a total of 8 volumes for season 2, with the first volume containing the first four episodes. Every volume after will have 3 episodes. The release schedule and episodes each Blu-ray and DVD volume will contain are as follows (note that the episode counts includes the first season’s 13 episodes):
- Volume 1 – July 19, Episodes 14, 15, 16, 17
- Volume 2 – August 9, Episodes 18, 19, 20
- Volume 3 – September 13, Episodes 21, 22, 23
- Volume 4 – October 18, Episodes 24, 25, 26
- Volume 5 – November 15, Episodes 27, 28, 29
- Volume 6 – December 13, Episodes 30, 31, 32
- Volume 7 – January 17, 2018, Episodes 33, 34, 35
- Volume 8 – February 14, 2018, Episodes 36, 37, 38
Season 2 of Boku no Hero Academia airs every Saturday at 5:30pm JST on NTV and YTV.
The cast returning from the first season includes:
- Daiki Yamashita (Sakamichi Onoda from Yowamushi Pedal) who will voice Izuku Midoriya
- Kenta Miyake (Mohammed Avdol from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders) is going to voice All Might
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Rin Okumura in Ao no Exorcist) will voice Katsuki Bakugou
- Ayane Sakura (Gasper Vladi from High School DxD New) joins the cast to voice Ochaco Uraraka
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tsumugu Kihara from Nagi no Asukara) as Tenya Iida
- Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica) will voice as Tsuyu Asui
- Ryou Hirohashi (Kyou Fujibayashi in Clannad) voicing as Minoru Mineta
- Yoshimasa Hosoya (Junpei Hyuuga in Kuroko’s Basketball) is voicing as Fumikage Tokoyami
- Marina Inoue (Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan) joins the cast to voice Momo Yaoyorozu
- Toshiki Masuda (Ryuu Zaou in Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!) is voicing Eijirou Kirishima
- Tasuku Hatanaka (Ushio Aotsuki from Ushio to Tora) as Denki Kaminari
- Yuki Kaji (Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan) voices Shouto Todoroki
- Kousuke Kuwano (First Role) will join the cast as Yuga Aoyama
- Kiyotaka Furushima (Tomoki Tsugawa in Kuroko’s Basketball) is voicing Hanta Sero
- Kousuke Miyoshi (First Role) as Mashirao Ojiro
- Masakazu Nishida (Kyouma Katagiri from Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation) will play the role of Mezo Shoji
- Eri Kitamura (Yui in Angel Beats!) voices Mina Ashido
The new cast members who will make their first appearance in the upcoming season includes:
- Kouhei Amasaki (Takaki Uno in Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans) joins the cast to voice Neito Monoma
- Saki Ogasawara (Azusa Nakajou from Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) is going to voice Itsuka Kendou
- Kouji Okino (Debut Role) as Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu
- Miho Masaka (Miho from Sacred Seven) voices Ibara Shiozaki
- Azu Sakura (Debut Role) voicing the role of Mei Hatsume
- Wataru Hatano (Hakuya Mitsumine in Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) will voice Hitoshi Shinsou
- Tetsu Inada (Ira Gamagoori from Kill la Kill) as Endeavour
The anime’s returning staff includes:
- Director: Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Classroom☆Crisis)
- Series Composer: Yousuke Kuroda (Gundam Build Fighters, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Anime Character Designer: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Berserk, Casshern Sins)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Death Parade, Haikyuu!!)
- Animation Studio: Studio Bones (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Noragami)
Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) is an action adventure manga series written and illustrated by Kouhei Horikoshi. The series began in July 2014 under Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, where a total of 6 volumes have been compiled. The series has had good reception selling over 200,000 copies in 4 months, with the first volume selling out in short time. An anime adaptation of the series was announced in the November 2nd issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The first season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime ran for a total of 13 episodes, airing throughout the Spring 2016 anime season.
Here is the series synopsis from MAL:
People are not born equal, a realization that 4-year-old Midoriya Izuku faced when bullied by his classmates who had unique special powers. Izuku was one of the rare cases where he was born with absolutely no unique powers. This did not stop Izuku from pursuing his dream, a dream of becoming a great hero like the legendary All-Might. To become the great hero he hopelessly wants to become, he now will join the ranks of one of the highest rated “Hero Academies” in the country: Yueiko. With the help of his idol All-Might, will he be able to claim the ranks and become a true hero?
The second season of the Boku no Hero Academia anime is currently airing on NTV and YTV every Saturday at 5:30pm JST, and will run for a total of 25 episodes.